Hello everyone! I haven’t blogged in quite a while and just thought I would share this quick post with you.
Today, I noticed my aunt had a list of three things she was thankful for as her status on Facebook. Shortly after I read this, she had another status nominating myself and three others to do the same.
When I went to make my status of 3 things, it was a wonderfully welcome reminder of the infinite blessings I have in my life. Life can get hectic and become monotonous sometimes, which can make us forget how the little things in our lives are actually so momentous (like growing up in a country free from war, or having free healthcare and education, or simply the family and friends that you have missed out on saying “I love and appreciate you” in a while).
I just hope this little post can get you to stop and think about all of the great things you have in your life for even a minute. Such a simple exercise can make a world of difference in your attitude and outlook on the day. I know I feel refreshed, peaceful, and appreciative – can’t wait for the next 2 days to come so I can continue to feel this little happiness boost.
I encourage anyone reading this post to share this little slice of positivity with others! I am thankful that social media can be used to brighten others’ days. Now, go forth and be thankful!
P.S. After the three days, I will be sure to put my nine thankful for’s at the end of this post!
I AM THANKFUL FOR…
- Growing up in Canada and never knowing the struggles of poverty and war
- Having a healthy body and mind that have never held me back from opportunities that I would like to take
- The education that I have received and never had to fight for or prove I am worthy of, unlike females in other parts of the world
- Never having trouble finding great jobs that I genuinely enjoy
- My family and friends who have shaped me into the person I am proud to be today
- All of the priceless life experiences, knowledge, and friends that my amazing university career has given me thus far
- Good books to keep my mind sharp and occupied
- Chocolate to keep my soul soothed
- Smiles to keep my heart happy